Thursday, August 22, 2013

We have a preschooler!

So the day has come! Arianna has started school. What a bitter sweet moment this is. Daniel and I have spent the past couple of weeks reminiscing the last 4 years and wondering where time has gone. How can we possibly be sending Ari off to school!? I found myself crying over her lunch box and backpack, as I wrote her name on them. And then just 30 minutes later at her open house I was bursting with excitement for her. She was smiling ear to ear as she met her teacher and explored her cubby. She is so full of life with a readiness to learn. I can't help but to be ecstatic for her world to grow. I just wish I could hang on to her just a little while longer. But since I can't do that, I decided to pour myself into some old photos of Ari and share them with you. :)


Daniel and I cherish these moments most. The world feels so still when a little life is asleep on your chest. 





Such a chubby monkey. 






My heart overflows with gratitude when I remember the last 3 1/2 years of my life. It humbles me to think that God found me worthy to be her stepmom and a wife to Daniel. So as she starts school and moves on to the many adventures life brings her way, I cannot help but to enjoy these moments and remember the gift her life is to us. 






And there she goes! 













3 comments:

  1. congrats on having a preschooler! my stepdaughter starts first grade on monday and i'm already hyperventilating. ;) found your blog via the "choose joy" image on pinterest and look forward to following your journey!

    b @ then there was we
    www.thentherewaswe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sure you are anxious about that! First grade is a big step! I am so glad you found my page! I hope you enjoy!

      Delete